A Sweet Retirement

A Sweet Retirement

Cheryl Sweet has retired in February as a substitute in WPUSD for over 12 years. She retired from full-time teaching in Franklin McKinley School District in San Jose after 18 years of teaching. She moved to Lincoln in 2006 with her husband, Don, who has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. Now she plans to spend quality time with him and their two dogs, Molly and Bella.

It hasn’t taken long for her to already start missing students at the high school whom she’s taught since Kindergarten. She has loved the interaction with students each time she visited LHS.  During these past 12 years she’s substituted in English, Math, Choir, Welding, Spanish, French, Computers, P.E, Autoshop, Woodshop, Art and Special Ed classes. She’s attended several football games, plays, choir performances and graduations. She owns a zebra sweatshirt and wears it with pride all around town to let everyone know that she is happy to be a part of the Zebra Family!

She enjoys seeing students she’s taught in the past working now at Safeway, Raley’s Old Town Pizza, Awful Annies, In-N-Out, Carl’s Jr., CVS, McDonald’s and Target.  Please say a kind “Hello” when you see her and don’t hesitate to give her a hug, because she will not hesitate to return it!